I was directed by my CPA to form a C Corp for my business. Since I started my business I have accumulated some NOL and NOL carryforward. I wrongly assumed that these losses carried forward to my personal tax return..which they do not. My husband and I each own a schedule C business. When calculating my taxes..I assumed that the NOL would wipe out the income, but I am finding out that it does not. Is there anyway to classify this income to the C Corp so that I can utilize the NOL carryforward to offset this income?


asked 25 Jul '11, 21:07

Amy's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Have you considered electing sub S status?


answered 28 Jul '11, 03:45

John%20R.%20Dundon%20II's gravatar image

John R. Dund...
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: 25 Jul '11, 21:07

Seen: 1,516 times

Last updated: 28 Jul '11, 03:45